HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a support
The product prints very slowly.
Preliminary steps: Print a test page and determine whether the issue is in the hardware or the software
Follow these preliminary steps to determine whether the issue is in the hardware or the software, and then follow the links to troubleshoot the issue.
Step one: Print and time a test page
Follow these steps to print a test page:
Video of printing a test page
The following video demonstrates how to print a printer status report.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printer series (A910), but the steps are the same for your printer.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
- Load U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain, white paper into the input tray.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- On the product touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch Setup ( ) on the control panel display. The Setup Menu displays.
- Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
- Touch Printer Status Report . The test page prints.
- Measure the time (in seconds) it takes for the test page to print.
IMPORTANT: Some products print faster than others. If the test page exceeds 60 seconds, and other documents you print typically take as long, the print speed is normal. Troubleshoot this issue only if your product is designed to print faster than about 60 seconds a page or if printing is slower than usual.
- If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , and other documents take about the same time, this is normal print speed and you do not need to troubleshoot.
- If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , but other print jobs take significantly longer than 60 seconds, continue to the next step.
- If the test page prints in more than 60 seconds , continue to the next step.
Step two: Determine whether the issue is in the hardware or the software
|If the print speed is...||Additional troubleshooting steps|
|Less than 60 seconds||Troubleshoot issues related to the computer (c02160464) (in English).||Troubleshoot issues related to the computer (c01928903) (in English).|
|More than 60 seconds||Troubleshoot issues related to the printer (c01928898) (in English).||Troubleshoot issues related to the printer (c01928907) (in English).|
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum