HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer - C510a support
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Video of replacing cartridges
View the following video or review the steps below to learn how to replace print cartridges.
The following video demonstrates how to replace print cartridges.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer (C510a). The outside of the printer might not look the same as your printer, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product, if it is not already turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.
- To release the old cartridge, press the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then pull the cartridge up to remove it from its slot.CAUTION:Do not lift the latch on the carriage to install the cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated cartridges and printing problems. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
- On the new cartridge, pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counter clockwise to snap it off.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the empty slot, and then press down on the cartridge until it clicks firmly into place.NOTE:Make sure that the color-coded icon on the cartridge matches the color-coded icon on the carriage slot.
- Repeat these steps to replace other cartridges, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door. The carriage returns to the right side of the product.