HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer - C510a support
Replacing Cartridges for HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer Series (C510)
This document is for the HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer Series (C510) .
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
|Color||The Americas||Europe||Middle East and Africa||Asia Pacific|
|Black||HP 564 Black||HP 364 Black||HP 178 Black||HP 862 Black|
|Cyan||HP 564 Cyan||HP 364 Cyan||HP 178 Cyan||HP 862 Cyan|
|Magenta||HP 564 Magenta||HP 364 Magenta||HP 178 Magenta||HP 862 Magenta|
|Yellow||HP 564 Yellow||HP 364 Yellow||HP 178 Yellow||HP 862 Yellow|
|Photo||HP 564 Photo||HP 364 Photo||HP 178 Photo||HP 862 Photo|
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Video of replacing cartridges
View the following video or review the steps below to learn how to replace print cartridges.
The following video demonstrates how to replace print cartridges.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer (C510a). The outside of the printer might not look the same as your printer, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.
- To release the old cartridge, press the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then pull the cartridge up to remove it from its slot.CAUTION:Do not lift the latch on the carriage to install the cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated cartridges and printing problems. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
- On the new cartridge, pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counter clockwise to snap it off.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the empty slot, and then press down on the cartridge until it clicks firmly into place.NOTE:Make sure that the color-coded icon on the cartridge matches the color-coded icon on the carriage slot.
- Repeat these steps to replace other cartridges, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door. The carriage returns to the right side of the printer.