HP Deskjet 5150 Color Inkjet Printer support
Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)
This document is for uninstalling printer software from computers using Windows.
Uninstall HP printer drivers and software using the Uninstall a program tool, then remove the printer from your list of installed devices.
Step 1: Uninstall your printer using Windows Uninstall a Program
You can begin uninstalling your printer software using Windows Uninstall a program.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Search Windows for uninstall a program, and then click the Uninstall a program Control Panel setting in the list of results.
- In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then click Uninstall or Yes to confirm the uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.
- Restart the computer.
Step 2: Remove the printer from the devices list
Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows Devices and Printers.
- If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.
- Right-click the printer icon () for your printer, and then click Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum