HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer - C510a support
Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the All-in-One
- Connect the power cord and adapter
- Turn on power
- Select the language/region
- Load plain paper
- Install the cartridges
- Align the printer
Setting up a new All-in-One
Follow these steps to set up the product hardware and install the software.
Step one: Unpack the All-in-One
- Remove all the tape from the front and back of the product.
- Open the product and remove all the packaging materials from inside the product.
- Place the HP eStation Zeen (control panel display) into its docking port.
Step two: Connect the power cord and adapter
- Connect the power cord to the back of the product.
- Connect the power cord to the power supply.
- Connect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
Step three: Turn on power
Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
Step five: Load plain paper
- Raise the output tray into the open position, and then open the input tray door.
- Slide the paper width guide to its outermost position.
- Insert the stack of paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and the print side down.
- Adjust the paper width guide so that it rests against the stack of paper.
- Lower the output tray, and then close the input tray door.
Step six: Install the cartridges
NOTE:Do not reuse old cartridges. Old cartridges might damage the new printhead.
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product, if it is not already turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.
- On the new cartridge, pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counter clockwise to snap it off the cartridge.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the empty slot, and then press down on the cartridge until it clicks firmly into place.NOTE:Make sure that the color-coded icon on the cartridge matches the color-coded icon on the carriage slot.
- Repeat these steps to install the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door. The carriage returns to the right side of the product.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the appropriate link.
HP strongly recommends that you install the printer on a wireless network to take advantage of its full functionality and features.
|Wireless Network Connection|
|Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless Network|
The printer features are limited with a USB connection. Without a wireless network connection through the eStation Zeen (control panel) the printer will have the following limitations:
- The printer will not have an active Internet connection.
- You will not be able to access Apps through the eStation Zeen.
- You will not be able to print wirelessly from your computer or the eStation Zeen.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Getting started with ePrint
Now you can stay connected and productive on the go with ePrint. ePrint lets you print directly to your ePrint-enabled HP printer using a smartphone, notebook, or other mobile device. For additional information related to setting up and using ePrint, click the link provided.
|Getting started with with ePrint|