HP Deskjet 3070A e-All-in-One Printer - B611a support
Installing the Windows 7 HP Printer Driver and Solution Center Software for a USB Connection
This document is for HP printers released in 2009 and earlier that have a full-feature Windows 7 driver with HP Solution Center.
Learn how to install the full feature HP driver and HP Solution Center software using the HP Printer Install Wizard, downloading the driver from the HP website, or by installing with the printer CD. When prompted to choose a connection type during the installation, choose the USB option.
The HP Printer Install Wizard quickly and easily finds the best Windows 7 print driver for your printer. To save time, try using this automated tool instead of the other installation methods in this document. Click the following link to download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard.
NOTE:The HP Printer Install Wizard is not available for all printers.
|Link to tool||File size|
|HP Printer Install Wizard||> 1MB|
Follow these steps to download and install the driver.
Video of downloading and installing the driver from the HP website
The following video demonstrates how to install the HP full feature printer driver.
NOTE:This video shows the Windows 7 operating system and the HP Photosmart Premium Fax (C309) All-in-One printer. The steps for navigating your operating system might be slightly different, but the steps to install the full feature printer driver are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads .
- If the Welcome to HP Support page opens, follow these steps:
- Type your printer model number.
- Click Go.You might need to select your printer model number from a list of similar printer models.
- Select your operating system, and then click Next.A list of drivers and other downloads display.
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver - Product Installation Software.
- Click Download next to the full feature or solution software and driver listed, and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the driver to your computer.
NOTE: Do NOT connect the USB cable now. Wait until the on-screen instructions prompt you to connect it. HP recommends using a USB cable that is less than 3 m (10 ft) long.
Follow these steps to install the software with the printer CD.
- Turn the printer on.
- Insert the printer CD into the CD drive of the computer, and then wait a few seconds for the software installer to start.If the installer does not start automatically, click the Windows icon (), click Computer, and then double-click the CD drive.NOTE:If the User Account Control screen opens, click Allow to continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.IMPORTANT: The installer might ask if you want to check online for the latest installation updates for your printer. For the best installation results, HP recommends that you click “Yes” to let the installer check for updates and download them for you.