HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n support
Replacing the Cartridges
This document contains steps for installing replacement cartridges in the product. Before you perform the following steps, make sure that the replacement cartridge is compatible with your product.
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Video of replacing the cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges in the HP product.
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product.CAUTION:Wait until the carriage stops moving before you proceed.
- On the new cartridge, pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counter-clockwise to snap it off.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the correct slot. The color-coded icons on the cartridge and on the printhead indicate the correct slot.
- Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place. If the cartridge does not snap into place, remove the cartridge from the carriage. Gently bend the tab away from the cartridge, and then reinsert the cartridge into the carriage.CAUTION:Be careful not to bend the tab out more than 1.27 cm (0.5 inches). Moving the tab too far might damage the cartridge or cause the tab to break off.
- Repeat these steps for each cartridge that you want to replace.
- Close the cartridge access door.