HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer support
Replacing Print Cartridges
This document contains steps to make sure that the new print cartridge is compatible with your HP product, and to replace an old print cartridge with a new one.
Replacing print cartridges
Follow these steps to replace a print cartridge.
Video of replacing a print cartridge
The following video demonstrates how to replace a print cartridge.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Step one: Check print cartridge compatibility
Before unpacking a new print cartridge, make sure that it is compatible with your HP product.
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper .
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Step two: Replace a print cartridge
CAUTION:If toner gets on any clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- Close the print cartridge and rear doors, if they are not already closed.
- On the control panel, press the Print Cartridge button ( ) that corresponds to the print cartridge you want to replace. The product makes noises while the print cartridge carousel rotates.CAUTION:Wait until the Print Cartridge light ( ) stops flashing and the rotation sounds stop before proceeding to the next step.
- Open the print cartridge door.
- Grasp the handle on the print cartridge and then pull the print cartridge straight out to remove it. Put the old print cartridge aside.
- Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging.
- Place the old print cartridge in the bag and box for recycling.
- Grasp both sides of the new print cartridge, and then gently rock the print cartridge to distribute the toner evenly inside.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end. Do not touch the roller on the print cartridge.
- Remove the protective tape from the new print cartridge. Put the tab in the print cartridge box to return for recycling.
- Remove the protective shielding from the new print cartridge.
- Grasp the print cartridge by the center handle, and then insert the print cartridge into the correct slot.
Tip: Make sure that the color label on the print cartridge matches the color label in the carousel slot.
- Close the print cartridge door.When you close the print cartridge door, the Print Cartridge, Ready, and Attention lights flash. Allow up to three minutes for the product to calibrate.
- Repeat these steps for each print cartridge that you want to replace. Make sure you reinsert each print cartridge in its correct slot on the carousel.