This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Check the contents of the box
- Prepare the print cartridges
- Remove packing tape
- Load paper
- Connect the power cord and turn on the power
- Select the language and location
Setting up the product
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the product software.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect a USB cable now. If you plan to use a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step two: Prepare the print cartridges
- Select a sturdy, well-ventilated, dust-free area to position the product.
- Open the print cartridge door, and then remove the instruction sheet.
- Pull out the print cartridge drawer.
- Remove the sealing tape from the print cartridges. Hold the print cartridge down with one hand, and then pull the tab on the left side of each print cartridge straight up. Discard the sealing tape.
- Close the print cartridge drawer.
- Close the print cartridge door.
Step three: Remove the packing tape
Open the rear door, and then remove the packing tape. Remove the protective film from the control panel display.
Step four: Load paper
- Pull tray 2 out of the product.
- Slide the paper guides to their outermost positions.
- Place the stack of paper, print side up, in the tray, and then make sure that the stack is flat at all four corners.
- Slide the paper guides inward so that they rest against the stack of paper.
- Push down on the paper to make sure that the paper stack sits below the paper limit tabs on the sides of the tray.
- Slide tray 2 into the product.
Step five: Connect the power cord and turn on the power
- Connect the power cord to the product and to the electrical outlet, and then remove the packing tape from the power switch.
- Press the Power switch to turn on the product. The product initializes and calibrates itself. Wait until the product is idle and silent before proceeding.
Step six: Select language and location
- On the control panel, if prompted, press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select the preferred language, and then press OK .
- Press OK again to confirm the selection.
- Press the Right Arrow button ( ) to select the location, and then press OK .
- Press OK again to confirm the selection. The product might restart itself. Wait until the product is idle and silent before proceeding.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system and type of connection.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect a USB cable now. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
|Wireless and Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection|
|Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network (Windows and Mac)|
Getting started with ePrint
Now you can stay connected and productive on the go with ePrint. ePrint lets you print directly to your ePrint-enabled HP printer using a smartphone, notebook, or other mobile device. For additional information related to setting up and using ePrint, click the link provided.
|Getting started with with ePrint|