This document describes how to load paper and envelopes in the printer tray. The tray holds up to 10 envelopes and up to 150 sheets of paper.
View the video or use the following steps to learn how to load paper.
Video of loading paper
The following video demonstrates how to load paper.
Follow these steps to load paper in the printer.
- Slide the paper length and width guides to their outermost positions.
- Load the paper in the input tray, print side up. Slide the paper forward until it stops.NOTE:Do not overload the tray. Make sure that the stack of paper fits within the tray and is no higher than the top of the guides.
- Slide the paper length and width guides inward until they stop at the edges of the paper.
Before loading and printing on envelopes, review the following guidelines.
- Use envelopes recommended only for laser printers.
- Use envelopes with peel-off adhesive strips that are approved for use in laser printers.
- Do not use envelopes with clasps, snaps, windows, coated linings, self-stick adhesives, or other synthetic materials that are susceptible to heat.
- Do not use envelopes that are wrinkled, nicked, stuck together, or otherwise damaged.
- Do not use self-stick adhesives or other synthetic materials.
Follow these steps to load envelopes in the product.