When you attempt to transfer images from a portable memory card to your computer over a wired or wireless network,you cannot complete the process. You have inserted your memory card into the memory card slot in your product, but the product and the computer do not display instructions for your next steps.
Follow the steps below to resolve your issue.
Step one: Find your product's IP address
Follow these steps to locate your product's IP address.
- Click the Apple icon ( ).
- Click System Preferences .
- Click Print and Fax .
- Select your product from the list that displays, and then note the product's IP address as it is displayed in the Location field.
Step two: Locate your memory card through the network
Follow these steps to locate your memory card through the network.
- Open a new Finder
window, click the Go
menu, and then click Connect to Server
.The Connect to Server window displays.
- Under Server Address: , type smb:// followed by your product's IP address, and then click Connect .
- Click Connect in the next window that displays.NOTE:A password is not required unless you enabled the Admin security feature on the product. If you enabled the Admin security feature, then you will have to type a username and password. The username is Admin and the password is the password that you assigned when you enabled the Admin security feature.
- Locate the Memory Card now listed on the left side of Finder, and then click to display the memory card.
- Select the files to be transfered from the right side, and then drag and drop to the desired save location.