HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw support
Replacing Print Cartridges
This document contains steps to make sure that the new print cartridge is compatible with your HP product, and to replace an old print cartridge with a new one.
Replacing print cartridges
Follow these steps to replace a print cartridge.
Step one: Check print cartridge compatibility
Before unpacking a new print cartridge, make sure that it is compatible with your HP product.
Which cartridges you use depends on your country or region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Step two: Replace a print cartridge
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- Close the print cartridge and rear doors, if they are not already closed.NOTE:The print cartridge and rear doors must be closed to prepare the carousel for access.
- On the product control panel, press the Print Cartridge button ( ). The product rotates the print cartridge carousel.
- Open the print cartridge door.CAUTION:Wait until the 'Rotating ' message and the rotation sounds stop before you open the print cartridge door.
- If the cartridge you want to replace is not in position for removal, close the print cartridge door, and then press the Print Cartridge button ( ) to rotate the carousel. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
TIP The control panel briefly displays the name of the print cartridge being rotated into position when you press the Print Cartridge button.
- Grasp the handle on the old print cartridge, and then pull the print cartridge straight out to remove it.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging.
- Place the old print cartridge in the bag and box for recycling.
- Grasp both sides of the new print cartridge, and then gently rock the print cartridge to distribute the toner evenly inside.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end. Do not touch the roller on the print cartridge.
- Remove the protective shield from the new print cartridge.
- Grasp the print cartridge handle, and then insert the print cartridge into the correct slot.
TIP Make sure that the color label on the print cartridge matches the color label in the carousel slot.
- If you want to replace another print cartridge, close the print cartridge door, and then press the Print Cartridge button ( ) to rotate the carousel. Then repeat the steps for replacing a cartridge.
- Close the print cartridge door.After you close the print cartridge door, the control panel displays the 'Initializing ' message. Wait until product is idle and silent before proceeding.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum