HP Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC support
Troubleshoot the Subwoofer on Non-Beats Notebooks
Some notebooks come with a subwoofer speaker for enhanced base tones. If your notebook has a subwoofer but it does not work or it makes a loud, crackling noise, do the following steps to resolve the problem.
NOTE:To verify that the subwoofer is on, press the Fn + b keys.
Install the latest IDT audio driver
If the sound system and Subwoofer are not performing properly, do the following:
- Uninstall the current Integrated Device Technology (IDT) audio drivers from your system. See Uninstalling Software (Windows 7) , or Microsoft Help & How To - Uninstall or change a program .
- Download and install the latest IDT audio driver .
If the problem persists, continue to the next section.
Adjust bass settings
To adjust the bass setting, follow the steps below.
- Click Start, enter Sound in the search field, and select Sound from the list when it becomes available.
- On the Sound window, double-click Speakers and Headphones option. The green button with a checkmark indicates IDT is selected as the default audio devices.
- On the Enhancements tab, select the Bass Boost option, and verify the device driver is Enabled.
- On the Tone Controls tab, slide the Bass level bar to desired level.
If the audio problem still persists, contact HP for further assistance.