HP PSC 2355 All-in-One Printer support
Windows 7 Update Failed to Install the Driver
When you connected the product to the computer with a USB cable, the Windows Update installation failed.
You can manually install the driver. Make sure you follow the steps in the order given to reset your printer, remove the product, restart your computer, and then manually install the driver.
Step one: Turn the printer off and then on
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Turn the printer off and then back on. Clear any blinking lights or error messages.
Step two: Remove the product from Devices and Printers
- Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers .
- Right-click the product icon ( ) representing your HP product, and then click Remove device . Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. (If the product is not listed, skip to Step three: Restart your computer.)
- If multiple icons exist for the product, remove them all.
Step three: Restart your computer
- Restart your computer. You might want to bookmark this page so that you can quickly return to it.
- Make sure your computer has a valid Internet connection by opening a web browser and surfing to an Internet site.
Step four: Manually install the driver
- Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.
- From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers window opens.
- Click Add a printer . The Add Printer window opens.
- Click Add a local printer .
- Click Use an existing port .
- Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) , and then click Next .
- Click the Windows Update button and wait for the updates to complete.
- In the Install the printer driver window, under Manufacturer click HP , and then search for your driver under Printers . If the driver does not show up under HP, try looking under Hewlett Packard.NOTE:The print drivers are displayed by their series names, which means the last one or two numbers may show as zeroes. For instance, the HP Photosmart 8750 displays as HP Photosmart 8700, and the PSC 1210 displays as the PSC 1200 series.
- Once you find the appropriate driver, plug the USB cable back into the printer.
- The Installing Device Driver Software window should briefly display in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Wait for it to disappear.
- Click the Cancel button on the Add Printer window.
- The newly installed printer now shows in the Devices and Printers window.
Still having installation issues?
Visit the HP Consumer Forums for more information.
|HP Consumer Forums|
|See what other customers are saying at the HP forums .|