Compaq Presario CQ5810 Desktop PC support
How Do I Find the Best Windows 7 or Windows 8 Driver for My Printer?
The HP Printer Install Wizard helps you find the right driver for your HP printer.
NOTE:The HP Printer Install Wizard is not available for all HP printers. This tool is available only for the Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
Step one: Download the HP Printer Install Wizard
- Click the following link to download the wizard:
Link to wizard File size HP Printer Install Wizard > 2MB
- Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Step two: Run the HP Printer Install Wizard
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the computer via a USB cable or a wired or wireless network connection.NOTE: If you would like to connect your printer wirelessly, but it is not on a wireless network, you need to temporarily connect the printer with a USB cable to run the Printer Install Wizard.
- Make sure that your computer has an Internet connection. The wizard must access the Internet to work correctly.
- Click Next to begin the utility. The wizard displays a list of detected products.
- If the wizard detects more than one printer, select your HP printer from the list.If your printer is not in the list, click My Printer is not listed , and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- The wizard automatically displays the best available driver for your HP printer.
- If a full feature driveris available, the wizard detects it. Click Next to download and install the software. For full functionality, HP recommends installing the full feature driver if it is available.This driver provides full product functionality. HP also includes valuable software to help you get the most out of your printer.
- If an in-Operating System (in-OS) driveris available, the wizard explains that the driver is already installed. It also supplies a link to more information about using the in-OS driver with your printer.An in-OS driver is a basic driver that is already included in the operating system. You do not need to download or install any software from HP.
- If a Windows Update driveris available, the wizard explains that the driver is already installed. It will also supply a link to more information about using a Windows Update driver.Windows Update automatically searches for and installs the latest printer driver when you connect the printer to the computer.
- If an alternate driveris available, the wizard supplies a link to learn how to install and configure the alternate driver for your printer.For some products that do not have a driver available, there might be another compatible driver that you can use instead.NOTE:Alternate drivers are supported by Windows 7 only.