HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer - B111a support
Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Check the contents of the box
- Unpack the product
- Connect the power cord and turn on the power
- Select the language and location
- Insert the cartridges
- Load paper
- Align the cartridges
If you did not already set up the hardware, follow the steps in this document to do so first. But, if you already installed the hardware and are just looking for the driver to download, click this link HP Software and Driver Downloads .
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in the order provided to set up the printer hardware.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable now. If you need a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step two: Unpack the All-in-One
- Remove all tape and packing material from the product.
- Open the cartridge access door, and then remove the tape from inside the product.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Pull out the paper tray, and then remove the tape from the tray.
- Push the paper tray back into the product.
Step four: Select your language and country/region
When you first turn on the product, it prompts you to select your language and region. Follow these steps to set the default language and country/region for your product.
- Touch your desired language, and then touch Yes to confirm the language choice. The Set Region Menu displays.
- Touch your desired region, and then touch Yes to confirm the country/region choice.
Step five: Load photo paper
NOTE:If you do not have photo paper or if you prefer to load photo paper in the future, skip to the next step in this document.
- Open the paper tray door, pull out the paper tray, and then slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Load a stack of photo paper into the tray, with the short edge facing toward the product and the print side down. Push the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guides in until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Close the paper tray, and then open the paper tray extender.
Step six: Load plain paper
- If the paper tray door is closed, open the paper tray door, and then pull out the paper tray.
- Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Load a stack of plain paper into the tray with the short edge facing toward the product and the print side down (if the paper has a print side). Push the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Close the paper tray, and then pull open and lift the paper tray extender until it is fully extended.
Step seven: Install the cartridges
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.
- Remove the protective cap from the carriage.
- Pull the orange tab to remove the plastic wrap from a cartridge.
- Remove the orange cap from the cartridge. Twist the cap counter-clockwise until it snaps off.
- With the nozzle and the contacts facing down, push the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place. Make sure that the color icon on the cartridge label matches the color icon on the slot.
- Repeat these steps to insert the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Step eight: Align the cartridges
NOTE:After you load the cartridges and close the cartridge access door, the product automatically prompts you to print an alignment page.
- On the product control panel, touch OK. The product prints an alignment page.
- Open the lid.
- Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it on the front right corner of the glass.
- Close the lid, and then touch OK. The alignment page scans.If the product does not automatically print an alignment page, follow these steps:From the home screen, touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch the Setup icon ().Touch Tools.Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Align Printer. The product prints an alignment page.Open the lid.Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it along the front right corner of the glass.Close the lid, and then touch OK. The alignment page scans.
Getting started with ePrint
Now you can stay connected and productive on the go with ePrint. ePrint lets you print directly to your ePrint-enabled HP printer using a smartphone, notebook, or other mobile device. For additional information related to setting up and using ePrint, click the link provided.
|Getting started with with ePrint|