HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer - B111a support
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper .
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Video of replacing the cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
NOTE:This video shows an HP Photosmart 5510 (B111a) printer, but the steps are the same for your printer.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Step one: Replace the cartridges
Follow these steps to replace the cartridges.
- If the product is off, press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product. Wait until the product is idle and silent before continuing.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.
- Press the tab on the front of the cartridge inward to release it, and then pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Remove the plastic wrap from a new cartridge by pulling the orange tab.
- Remove the orange cap from the cartridge. Twist the cap counter-clockwise until it snaps off.
- With the nozzle and the contacts facing down, push the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place. Make sure that the color icon on the cartridge label matches the color icon on the slot.
- Repeat these steps to insert the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Step two: Align the cartridges
NOTE:After you load the cartridges and close the cartridge access door, the product automatically prompts you to print an alignment page.
- On the product control panel, touch OK . The product prints an alignment page.
- Open the lid.
- Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it on the front right corner of the glass.
- Close the lid, and then touch OK . The alignment page scans.If the product does not automatically print an alignment page, follow these steps:From the home screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch the Setup icon ( ).Touch Tools .Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Align Printer . The product prints an alignment page.Open the lid.Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it along the front right corner of the glass.Close the lid, and then touch OK . The alignment page scans.