HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311a support
Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Check the contents of the box
- Unpack the product
- Connect the power cord and turn on the power
- Select the language and location
- Set the time zone, time, and date
- Insert the cartridges
- Load paper
If you did not already set up the hardware, follow the steps in this document to do so first. But, if you already installed the hardware and are just looking for the driver to download, click this link HP Software and Driver Downloads .
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in the order provided to set up the printer hardware.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable now. If you need a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step two: Unpack the All-in-One
Step three: Connect the power cord and turn on the All-in-One
- Connect the cord attached to the power adapter to the rear of the product, connect the power cord to the power adapter, and then plug the power cord into a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
Step four: Select your language and country/region
When you turn on the product, it prompts you to select your language and region. Follow these steps to set the default language and country/region for your product.
- Touch your desired language, and then touch Yes to confirm the language choice. The Set Region Menu displays.
- Touch your desired country/region, and then touch Yes to confirm the country/region choice.
Step five: Set the time zone, time, and date
The product prompts you to select your time zone. Follow these steps to set the default time zone for your product.
NOTE:If you need to return to the previous screen, touch the Back icon ().
- Touch your desired time zone. The Set Time screen displays.
- Touch the Up Arrow () or the Down Arrow () to set the correct hour and minutes.
- Touch AM or PM.
- Touch Daylight Saving if you are in a time zone that adjusts for daylight saving.
- Touch OK to confirm the time that you set.
- Using the numbers on the control panel, touch the numbers for the current month, day, and year, and then touch OK.
Step six: Install the cartridges
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.
- Remove the protective cap from the carriage.
- Pull the orange tab to remove the plastic wrap from a cartridge.
- Remove the orange cap from the cartridge. Twist the cap counter-clockwise until it snaps off.
- With the nozzle and the contacts facing down, push the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place. Make sure that the color icon on the cartridge label matches the color icon on the slot.
- Repeat these steps to insert the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Step seven: Load plain paper
- Raise the photo tray.
- Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Load a stack of plain paper into the tray with the short edge facing toward the product and the print side down (if the paper has a print side). Push the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Close the photo tray and the paper tray, pull the tray extender toward you, and then extend the paper catch until it is fully extended.