Setting up the HP Cloud Drive
HP Cloud Drive is an HP version of ZumoDrive. ZumoDrive is a cloud-based file storage and synchronization service. The service enables you to store your files on a secure server on the web and share them between computers and other web-enabled devices. The HP Cloud Drive has a cross-platform client that operates with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Palm webOS.
ZumoDrive installs a virtual drive that appears as the ZumoDrive (Z:) drive in the standard file Explorer although the files are actually stored on the web. You can copy any file or folder onto this virtual drive and the program uploads the files to the storage space on the web. From the web, the files may be shared with other ZumoDrives or accessed from another web-enabled device. You may also open the web interface and upload files manually or move them to other locations on the web.
By default, ZumoDrive will upload and manage all files in your User\Documents folder and all subfolders. You can adjust the Default settings to manage only your important files and folders. Anytime you connect to the web, ZumoDrive compares and updates the files on your computer and the ZumoDrive. A ZumoDrive account offers two GB of free storage, but you may upgrade to additional storage space for a monthly subscription fee. ZumoDrive provides custom training to setup and use personal storage space on the web.
To install the HP Cloud Drive, perform the following:
- Open your web browser, enter zumodrive.com in the search bar, and press Enter , or enter http://www.zumodrive.com .
- Click Get ZumoDrive Now to download the installation file.
- When prompted, click Save to download the file to your computer, and then double-click the file to Run the installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. Select the Dojo tab to take the training on-line and qualify for additional free storage.The ZumoDrive is displays as a Device with Removable Storage .
You can open ZumoDrive in two different views: Explorer View and Web View.
- Right-click the Cloud icon on the tool tray, and select Open ZumoDrive .
- The contents of the ZumoDrive (Z drive) is displayed. You can edit these files or add additional files. These files are also backed up and stored by ZumoDrive when the computer is connected to the web.When you edit and save a file on the ZumoDrive (Z:), the copy of the file that is stored on the web is updated. ZumoDrive automatically synchronizes the files on the web with the files on your computer.You can choose the files you want to store online with HP Cloud Drive. To add a file or folder, you can drag-n-drop it on the ZumoDrive.
- Right-click the Cloud icon in the tool tray, and select ZumoDrive Web Access . The names of the backed up files and folders are displayed.
- To view a file, select the checkbox by the name of the file, and then select Download or Download as zip in the right panel.
- When prompted Do you want to open or save this file? select Save and save the file to a convenient location on the computer.
- To share a file or folder with someone else with a web-enabled device, select Share in the right panel. A URL link is displayed and can be sent to the desired person or computer.
- Right-click the Cloud icon in the tool tray, and select Settings .
- Click Linked Folders for a list of folders and sub-folders are automatically copied to your personal storage space on the web.
- To deselect a folder so that files are not automatically uploaded or synchronized, click the check box next to the name. A red line is drawn through the folder name to indicate the folder will not be synchronized automatically.
By default, ZumoDrive will upload and manage all files in your User\Documents folder (Windows 7 or Vista) or User\My Documents (XP) and all subfolders. You can adjust the default settings to manage only your important files and folders. If you add new folders at a later time, they are automatically added to the listing.