HP Connection Manager provides a central location for managing your wireless devices. HP Connection Manager allows you to manage the following:
- Wireless wide area network (WWAN)/mobile broadband
- Wireless local area network (WLAN)/WiFi
- Wired local area network (WAN)
- Bluetooth connections
To connect to a mobile broadband (WWAN) connection, perform the following:
- Click Connect .
- The connection manager displays that you are connected to a network such as AT&T.
- Once connected, you can send SMS messages by clicking SMS .NOTE:The message center provides an inbox, outbox, and a sent box for all your messages.
- Enter the Phone Number you wish to contact.
- Type your message and click Send .
- Click the Network icon on the task bar to view the internet connections and the signal strength.
- Click Mobile Broadband to display the status of your broadband connection.
Click Preferences to customize the application.
- General - Allows you to determine when the application launches.
- Notifications - Allows you to select the notifications to be displayed.
- Device Power - Allows you to what devices to power on when launching.
- VPN - Allows you to automatically launch VPN.
- Mobile Broadband - Allows you to customize your WWAN settings.
Connection Manager has encountered an issue during the start-up process. This SQL error can also occur when trying to open Connection Manager. It has been determined that this occurs when certain programs (such as any year of Turbo Tax) is also installed on the notebook. If you encounter this error, perform the following.
This issue can be resolved by either of the following methods:
- Go to www.HP.com , Support and Drivers to download and install the latest drivers.
- Or you can use the Control Panel to uninstall HP Connection Manager. Be sure you reinstall the program.
Click Help for additional assistance.
- Help and Support - Launches HP Connection Manager help and to select to allowing HP by sharing your experiences.
- Diagnostics - Allows you to perform diagnostic tests.
Once HP Connection Manager has been setup, it can be configured to launch when the computer is started. This will automatically connect to the internet when one is available without having to restart the program.
|Customer Support . Individual countries and regions have their own procedures for providing product support and customer service. For your country or region, go to the Hewlett Packard Technical Support page, select a country or region, and then click Contact HP . Alternately, click the Contact HP link near the upper left corner of this web page|