Notebooks running Windows 7 may display an error message similar to Network UI has stopped Running would you like to Close when installing drivers for a wireless printer when Stardock MyColors is installed on the computer. Stardock MyColors is a desktop management program to select display resolution, colors, and wallpapers on your notebook PC.
There are two methods for resolving this issue. You can choose to install the latest version of Stardock MyColors that has a fix for the problem, or you can remove the MyColor program and use the default Windows desktop settings and themes.
Install the latest version of Stardock MyColors
To manually locate and download the latest version of the updated Stardock MyColor program follow the steps below, or click to download SP53195 and then continue with steps 5 through 8 below:
- Go to the HP Product Support and Troubleshooting web page for your notebook product.
- Enter the model number in the Enter a product name / number field, and then click Search .
- Use the drop-down menu to select your Operating System , and click Next .
- Click sign next to Software Solutions to expand the listing, and click Stardock MyColors Notebook Desktop Themes to begin the download.
- When prompted, click Save to save the file to a convenient location on your computer, such as your desktop. Consider renaming the file to something that is easy to remember.
- Double-click the softpaq to open the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can now install the driver for your HP wireless printer.
Uninstall Stardock MyColors
To uninstall the Stardock MyColor program, do the following and then install the driver for your HP wireless printer.
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel .
- Click Programs , and click Uninstall a program .
- Select Stardock MyColors from the list, and then click Uninstall to remove the program from your computer.
- If prompted, restart the computer.
Now use the default Windows desktop display settings and themes to customize your display.