HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer - E910a support
'Printhead Problem' or 'Printhead Appears to be Missing or Damaged' Displays for HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series
This document is for the HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One printer.
The message 'Printhead problem' or 'Printhead appears to be missing or damaged' displays on the control panel. The printer does not print.
Step 1: Remove the cartridges, and then remove the printhead
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- To release each cartridge, press the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then remove it from the slot.
- Repeat these steps for each cartridge.
- Lift the latch handle on the carriage until it stops.
- Lift the printhead to remove it from the carriage.
Step 2: Clean the printhead
Use the following steps to clean the printhead. There are three areas on the printhead that need to be cleaned: the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, the edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts, and the electrical contacts. Follow these steps to clean the printhead.
Figure 5: Three areas to clean
1 - Plastic ramps on the sides of the nozzles
2 - Edge between nozzles and contacts
3 - Electrical contacts
- Gather the following cleaning materials:
- Several clean, lint-free cloths or papers. Coffee filters and glass-cleaning cloths work well.
- Distilled or bottled water. Do not use tap water. Tap water can contain contaminants that can damage the printhead.
- Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe the electrical contacts from the bottom to the top. Do not go past the edge between the electrical contacts and the ink nozzles. Repeat this motion until no ink appears on the cloth.
- Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts.
- Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles. Wipe away from the nozzles only.
- Dry the previously cleaned areas with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Lightly dampen a fresh, clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.
- Clean the electrical contacts inside the printer by wiping them from top to bottom. Repeat this motion until no ink appears on the cloth.
- Dry the area with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
Step 3: Reinstall the printhead
- Hold the printhead upright with the colored icons on the top.
- Lower the printhead into the carriage.
- Carefully lower the latch handle.CAUTION:Leaving the latch handle raised can result in incorrectly seated cartridges. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
- Slide each cartridge into the correct slot until it clicks into place. Make sure that the colored icon on the cartridge label matches the colored icon on the carriage slot.
- Close the cartridge access door. The carriage returns to the right side of the printer.
Step 4: Reset the printer
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.
Step 5: Replace the printhead
If you have completed all of the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing a problem, replace the printhead.
CAUTION:Wait until you have a new printhead assembly available before removing the cartridges. HP recommends that you do not leave the cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. This could damage both the printer and the cartridges.
These steps apply to all countries/regions except the United States.
If HP replaces your printhead assembly under warranty, you receive a new printhead assembly, cleaning materials, and a full set of new cartridges with the replacement printhead.
If your printhead assembly is no longer under warranty, you can purchase a new one online.
- Go to the HP How to Buy website , and then click your country-language.
- A Buy HP page displays. Look for the HP Parts store on this page. The location of the HP Parts store varies depending on your region. Click HP Parts store.
- Under Find your part(s), type CN643A in the Search by part number text box. Follow the on-screen instructions to order the printhead assembly.
When you have the replacement printhead, click here for detailed instructions to remove the old printhead and install the new one .
Step 6: Service the printer
Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .