HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer support
'HP Installer Setup has stopped working' or Setup Does Not Run When Installing the HP Printer Software in Windows 7
The HP printer software installation fails to run in Windows 7 on a computer with an AMD C-50, C-60, or Z-01 1.00 GHz processor. After you insert the HP printer software installation CD or run the driver installation downloaded from the HP website, the setup does not open. You might receive an “HP Installer Setup has stopped working” error message.
NOTE:This document does not apply to HP LaserJet printers.
The solution in this document resolves software installation issues only for Windows 7 computers with an AMD C-50, C-60, or Z-01 1.00 GHz processor.
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), right-click Computer , and then click Properties .
- In the System section under Processor , find the manufacturer, model, and speed (GHz) of the processor.
If your computer runs an AMD C-50, C-60, or Z-01 1.00 GHz processor, continue with the steps in the following solution.
Follow these steps to download and install the newest, full-feature version of your HP printer software. Then, download and install a software patch to complete the installation.
Step one: Download and install the software
NOTE:You must download the Full Feature software to resolve the installation issue.
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Go , and then click Drivers .
- Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next .
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .
- Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
The installation failure happens again, but this is expected. If there is a Microsoft dialog box named The HP Installer has stopped working , click Close the program .
Step two: Download and install a software patch
NOTE:The software patch is supported in Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit) operating systems.
- Click here to download the software patch . A File Download window opens.
- Use one of the following options to download the patch to the computer.
- If you want to install the patch on the computer immediately, click Run .
- If you want to install the patch at a later time, click Save , select a destination on the computer for the file to save, and then click Save . When the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file.
- An HP AMD Processor Patch dialog box displays with the option to change the default path to extract the files.The default path is the folder to the HP printer software package you tried to install. For example, C:\Usersl\manu\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS29EF .If the path shown is not the one that you expected, or if you want a different location for the installation files than the default location, uncheck Default Path , and then click Browse . Highlight the newest folder, and then click OK to continue.
- After the patch has completed, the HP printer software starts to install again.
- When the Windows Security dialog box opens, with the Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software message, click Install this driver software anyway .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.