Fingerprint reader users have recently experienced the inability to logon to Windows using SinglePass. This has resulted from a problem with a driver obtained from a softpaq update. The faulty driver is continued in SP53210 HP SimplePass by Digital Persona Version 188.8.131.52 update. this softpaq has subsequently been removed from the HP website and is no longer available.
To resolve this issue, you should login to Windows using the keyboard and your system password. Once Windows is available, you can restore the correct driver by either of the following:
Resolve using Microsoft Restore Point as follows:
- Click Start , type restore in the search bar, and select Windows Restore from the resulting list.
- Click Restore system settings on your computer .
- Click Open System Restore .
- Select the restore point that you want the system to return to and click Next .
- Click Next .
- Click Finish to complete the restore of the original drivers.
If this does not resolve the problem, try to restore the driver using Recovery Manager as described below.
Resolve using Recovery Manager as follows:
- Click Start , type recovery in the search bar, and select Recovery Manager from the resulting list.
- Click Drivers and Applications Reinstall to start locating the correct driver to reinstall.
- The system will then begin building a list of drivers and applications.
- Select HP SimplePass Identity Protection 2011 Software from the resulting list and click Install .
- When the drivers have been reinstalled, you need to reboot the system to complete the changes.
- After the reboot is complete, you should be able to login to Windows using the SimplePass fingerprint reader.
If this does not resolve your issue, contact HP Customer Support.
|Customer Support . Individual countries and regions have their own procedures for providing product support and customer service. For your country or region, go to the Hewlett Packard Technical Support page, select a country or region, and then click Contact HP . Alternately, click the Contact HP link near the upper left corner of this web page|