This document pertains to HP and Compaq Notebook computers with HP PC Diagnostics.
Complete the following steps to find information about your computer hard drive.
- If your computer is powered on, turn off the computer and wait 5 seconds.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.A System Diagnostics screen opens.
- Use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys to select System Information , and then press the Enter key.NOTE:Selected items display in white text.
- Use the Left Arrow and Right Arrow keys to select Memory Info , and then press the Enter key.
- Use the Left Arrow and Right Arrow keys to select HDD Info , and then press the Enter key.The HDD Information screen displays the hard drive information for your computer.In the example screen shown below, the computer has two hard drives: a Solid State Drive (SSD), and a mechanical hard drive. If your computer has just one hard drive, the screen displays information for only that drive.
- To exit the HDD Information screen, select Exit , and then press the Enter key.
- To exit the System Diagnostics screen, select Exit , and then press the Enter key.
- Select Yes to answer the Are you sure? question, and then press the Enter key.