HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer - H711n support
HP Network Scan or Fax Fails to Install or Function with BitDefender Total Security or Internet Security (2011 or 2012) in Windows
The HP scan or digital fax fails to install or function over a network with either BitDefender Total Security (2011 or 2012) or BitDefender Internet Security (2011 or 2012) running.
One of the following issues occurs:
- BitDefender blocks the initial setup and completion of the Scan to Network Folder Wizard in the product software. The error message 'Your printer cannot connect to the server ' might display on the computer.
- BitDefender blocks the initial setup and completion of the Digital Fax to Network Folder Wizard in the product software.
- The Scan To Network Folder that was previously set up no longer functions from the product control panel after installing BitDefender, and the message 'Error - Cannot connect to the network ' might display on the control panel.
- The Digital Fax To Network Folder that was previously set up no longer functions from the product control panel after installing BitDefender.
- BitDefender blocks the scanning functions of the HP networked product.
- You are unable to scan an image, and you receive an error message 'Scanner Unreachable ' when trying to scan from the product software.
- Scan to Computer no longer functions after installing BitDefender. You might receive a message 'Error - Cannot connect to the network ' on the product control panel when trying to scan to a computer that was functioning correctly before installing BitDefender.
Follow these steps to change your network profile to 'Trusted' in the BitDefender software.
- Click the BitDefender icon ( or ) in the lower right corner of the computer screen (the notification area).
- Click Firewall .
- Click the Network tab to view the firewall network settings.
- In the Network Type column, select Trusted (AllowAll) from the drop-down list.
- Close the BitDefender program.The scanning and faxing functions of your HP network product now function correctly.
You can download and install a tool that helps to identify and fix common problems when installing or using HP products on your network.
Follow these steps to download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer.
NOTE:The HP Print and Scan Doctor might not be available for all HP printers, particularly older products. It is available for most products, however, and in most languages.This tool is available only for Windows operating systems. The tool is not available for Mac OS operating systems.
- Click the following link to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Link to tool File size HP Print and Scan Doctor 3.5 MB
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements, and then click Download .
- When the Security Warning dialog box opens, choose one of the following methods to download the utility.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Run .
- When the Download Complete dialog box opens, click Run , and then click Run again on the Security Warning dialog box.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Save .
- When the Save As window opens, browse to your Desktop, and then click Save .
- When the download is complete, browse to where you saved the file, and then double-click the file to run the utility.
- The Print and Scan Doctor opens, searches for installed printers, and then displays the list.