HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Cartridges
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Which cartridges you use depends on your country or region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Replacing the cartridges
The following video shows how to replace and align the cartridges.
Follow these steps to replace and align the cartridges.
Step one: Replace the cartridge
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Load plain white paper into the input tray.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.NOTE:The outside of the printer might not look exactly the same as your printer, but the steps are the same.
- Lightly press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then pull the pull tab to remove the plastic tape.
- Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the cartridge into its slot. Make sure that the cartridge is inserted in the proper slot.
- Push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.
- Repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Follow any prompts on the screen.
- Wait about 30 seconds for the alignment page to automatically print.NOTE:The printer prints an alignment page automatically only when a new cartridge has been installed.
Step two: Align the cartridges
Follow these steps to perform a cartridge alignment.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press the Scan button ( ) to begin the scan. The printer automatically aligns the cartridges.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum