HP Scanjet 2400 digital Flatbed Scanner support
Scanner driver and software support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
This document provides details on the scanners that have driver and/or software support for the Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems. Some older Scanjets have limited, basic feature software support only. This is based on customer demand and the continued evolution of technology standards. Use the following information to find out the level of support offered for your scanner and where to obtain it.
NOTE:When upgrading from an older version of Windows to Window 8 or Windows 8.1, HP recommends first uninstalling and removing existing HP drivers and software before installing the recommended solution listed below.
Driver and software types
For some scanners there are multiple driver types you can select depending on the environment:
- HP Scanning software - Recommended where available, the HP Scanning software is either included on the HP Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 CD/DVD that came with a new scanner or is available for download from www.hp.com.
- Basic feature driver (Basic driver) - This download can be used when no other solution is available to provide basic Windows Imaging Application (WIA) features.
- Smart Document Scan software (TWAIN) - Full feature software for use by customers that do not have imaging applications and need TWAIN-compatible software. SDSS 2.x requires downloading and installing the ISIS/TWAIN driver and utilities and the SDSS software. SDSS 3.x requires downloading and installing the TWAIN only and SDSS software.
- Kofax Virtual ReScan (VRS) software (ISIS) - Download for use by customers that require the document-processing features of Kofax VRS. Requires downloading and installing both the ISIS driver and the Kofax VRS.
- ISIS/TWAIN - Download includes driver and utilities only (no scan application) for both ISIS and TWAIN for use by customers that have either ISIS-compatible and/or TWAIN-compatible imaging applications.
- ISIS - Download including driver and utilities only (no scan application) for use by customers that have ISIS-compatible imaging applications.
- TWAIN - Download including driver and utilities only (no scan application) for use by customers that have TWAIN-compatible imaging applications.
The following list of scanners are supported in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with either the full feature CD that came with the scanner, or full feature software or basic drivers available for download from www.hp.com/go/support . Available drivers are indicated with a green check mark ().
Some older scanners may have come with a full feature HP software CD created for Windows Vista and Windows XP that might not install in a newer Windows operating system. For these scanners, download the scanner software from www.hp.com/go/support .
NOTE:Windows on ARM tablet solutions are not available for HP Scanjet scanners.
| = Not available|
= Available with limitations
|= USB connection|
= Network connection (wired only)
NA = Does not apply
If your scanner is not listed here, then the scanner is not officially supported by HP. For more information, go to Products Not Supported in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (c03477149) (in English).
Some scanners listed above and Scanjets that do not have scan software available from HP.com are compatible with select third-party software. For more information about scan software alternatives for Windows, go to Third-party scan software solutions (c03479564) (in English).
|**||To install the driver or to scan, you must connect the scanner to the computer using a supported connection type. Some scanners do not support network scanning or network installs. Scanjets do not support wireless installs. Use a USB cable connection.|
|+||Internet connection required.|
|1||HP Scanning software, and Smart Document Scan software are larger file downloads. If you are using a dial up connection, consider ordering the solution on CD if available. To check, click the link in the Recommended solution column for your scanner.|