HP Pavilion 14-c025us Chromebook support
Chromebook Locks Up or Freezes (Chrome OS)
This document applies to HP Chromebook computers with Chrome OS.
This document helps you find and troubleshoot problems that cause the Chromebook to freeze, lock up, or stop responding.
If an error message opens on the screen, write the error message down exactly as it appears. Restart the computer and search the Internet using the exact text from the error message to find a solution.
The Chrome OS Help Web site (in English) features troubleshooting steps for many possible issues. Refer to the links in the Fix a problem section.
If you see the message Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick into one of the 4 ports in the BACK of the device., perform a system recovery. See Performing a System Recovery on Your HP Chromebook for more information.
If the Chromebook becomes slow or unresponsive, and the He's Dead, Jim error message appears, the system could be running low on memory. To free up memory, close any open tabs, apps, or other processes that are not in use. See "He's Dead, Jim!" (in English) from Chrome OS Help for more information.
Perform a hard reboot to unlock the Chromebook. Follow these steps to perform a hard reboot:
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds.
- Reconnect the AC power adapter, but do not connect the battery.
- Turn on the computer.If the computer starts up normally, you are done.If the computer does not start up properly, see Chromebook Does Not Start .
If the Chromebook locks up and the fans inside the computer become louder or run constantly, the computer may be getting too hot or a hardware component might be failing. Use compressed air to keep the air vents clean and free of dust and dirt. For more information, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC .