HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer support
Cannot Print with HP ePrint
You previously used the HP ePrint service, but now it does not work.
To use the HP ePrint feature again, update your printer firmware, and then re-register your printer.
Step one: Update the printer firmware
Important : The HP printer must be connected to the computer and to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active Internet connection to update the firmware and enable ePrint.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads .
- If prompted, enter your printer model number, click Next , and then click Drivers .
- On the Drivers & Downloads page, select your operating system, and then click Next .
- Scroll down the page, and then click Firmware .
- Click Download next to the firmware update, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the firmware.
Step two: Enable Web Services
- Get the printer IP address.
You can find the IP address in multiple ways, though options vary by printer.For more details on these options or for instructions on finding your printer's IP address, click here to go to the support page for your printer , and then search for steps to print a Network Configuration Page or to access network information on the control panel.
- Press the Wireless button on the printer control panel to view the network settings.
- Access the Network menu on the printer control panel.
- Print a Network Configuration Page or Wireless Network Report page.
- Open a web browser, type the IP address into the address line, and then press Enter . The embedded web server (EWS) opens.NOTE:Type the IP address exactly as it displays on the Network Configuration Page. For example: 192.168.X.XXX.
- In the EWS, click the HP Web Services tab.
- Select the option to disable Web Services , and then select the option to enable Web Services . An information page prints with a printer claim code.The information page contains the printer claim code that you use to register your printer in the next step.Figure 1: Example of a claim code on the information sheet1 - Location of the claim code on the information sheetNOTE:For security purposes, the claim code expires 24 hours after you print the information sheet. Print the information sheet again if you need to re-enable the claim code for another 24 hours.
Step three: Re-register your printer
At HP Connected, you can manage your print jobs and change your ePrint settings. When you register at HP Connected, your printer's unique email address is provided to you. Follow these steps to register at HP Connected.
- Go to HP Connected , and then sign in to your account.
- Click the Devices tab (if not already selected).
- Click Add a Device .
- Type the printer's claim code found on the Web Services confirmation page, and then click Add ..
- Click OK . The You have successfully added your printer window opens.NOTE:HP sends an email to the account you used during the registration process. Open the email, click Confirm email address , and then sign in to HP Connected to complete the verification step.
- Continue to the next step to customize your printer's email address (optional).
Step four: Customize your printer's email address (optional)
NOTE:Your previous customized email address might be unavailable. If your previous email address is unavailable, please choose a new customized email address.
The ePrint system generates a unique email address for your printer, but you can change the address to one that is easier to remember. Follow these steps to customize your printer's email address.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Next to the icon for your printer, click Settings .
- Under the printer's current ePrint email address, click Change Email .
- Type a new email address in the text box, and then click Save .
- If the email address is available, your settings update immediately.
- If the email address is not available, try to check for another email address or click one of the suggested addresses, and then click Save .
- Inform any allowed senders of the new ePrint email address.
|Have other problems with HP ePrint?|
|Click here if your ePrint jobs are not printing .|
|Have more questions about the printer claim code?|
|Click here for more information about getting the printer claim code .|