HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer support
A 'Scanner Error 22' Message Displays on the Printer Control Panel
A 'Scanner Error 22' message displays on the control panel when you try to scan from the printer. This error might display when extra weight or pressure is applied to the scanner glass, such as when scanning an open book. The weight or pressure can stall the scanner mechanism.
Follow these steps to clear the error message by resetting the printer.
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.
Solution did not resolve the issue?
Click Contact HP on this page for more support options.
An HP support technician will assist you with additional troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.