Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Printing from Kindle
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Printing from Kindle
You can use your Kindle to automatically find and print to HP printers that are either on a wireless network or within wireless range for wireless direct printing.
Fire OS 3.0 (Mojito) devices such as the Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX tablets support Printing from Kindle.
Printing from Kindle supports many HP printers. Click here to view the complete list of supported printers .
- Wi-Fi connection : If your device and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network through an access point(for example, at home), printing through the Wi-Fi network is a preferred option.A device, such as a wireless router, that allows wireless-capable devices (like your HP product) to connect to your wireless network.
- Wireless direct : Wireless direct printing allows you to print directly to your HP printer without connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
- From a supported app, find the Print option from the app's menu, and then tap Print .
- Find the option to select your printer. The Kindle device displays a list of printers that are available on the Wi-Fi network.
- Find your printer on the Wi-Fi list, and then tap to select it. Once you select the printer, your device remembers the selection.
- If your printer is not on the Wi-Fi list or if you want to use the wireless direct connection method instead, find your printer on the Wireless Direct list, and then tap to select it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once your printer is connected, your device remembers the selection.
- Make any changes to the available printing options, if desired.
- Tap Print to send the print job to the printer.
Printing from Kindle supports printing Microsoft Office files. Additional file formats are coming soon.
These printing options are available:
- Copies : Select the number of copies that you want to print.
- Color mode : Select either the Color or Black & White/Mono option for your print output.
- Double-sided printing : If your printer supports two-sided (duplex) printing, select None , Long-edge flip , or Short-edge flip .
- Paper size : You can print on Letter, A4, 4x6-inch, 5x7-inch, or 10x5-cm paper.
- To cancel a print job, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
- Tap the print job notification that you want to cancel.
- In the print job list, tap the box next to each print job you want to cancel.
- Tap X to cancel the selected jobs.
My HP printer showed an 'Out of Paper' or 'Paper Jam' message when I sent a print job. Why did my job not print even after I cleared the printer error?
When you send a print job from your Kindle and your printer is in an error state, your Kindle waits for three minutes before canceling the print job. After clearing the error, you may send the print job again.
When your Kindle connects to a Wi-Fi network (access point), the device locates and displays the available printers on the access point. The Kindle also locates and displays nearby wireless direct printers.
If your printer is on the same local network (or subnet) as your Kindle, you can print to the printer.
Yes, you can connect to the Wi-Fi network (access point) at any location, and then use your Kindle to print to the local printers. Alternatively, if you are not connected to an access point, your Kindle can discover and print to wireless direct printers near you.
I changed the printer Bonjour service name on the Embedded Web Server (EWS). Why do I still see a different name when the Kindle connects to the printer Wireless Direct network?
The printer Bonjour name you changed in the EWS is the Wi-Fi Bonjour name, not the Wireless Direct SSID
. When you connect your Kindle to the Wireless Direct network, you still have to choose the Wireless Direct SSID. You might be able to change the Wireless Direct Network SSID name through the EWS, as well.
Stands for "Service Set Identifier." An SSID is a unique ID that consists of 32 characters and is used for naming wireless networks.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the settings.
- Tap Wireless & Networks .
- Tap Wi-Fi .
- Select a wireless network.
- On the printer control panel, check the wireless settings to find the name of the wireless network that your HP printer uses.
- On the Kindle, swipe down from the top of the screen to access the settings.
- Tap Wireless & Networks .
- Tap Wi-Fi .
- On the network list, select the same wireless network that your printer uses.
- Check on the list of printers on the network, and make sure that your printer is listed.