HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer support
Android 4.4 (KitKat) and Later: Printing with the Android Print Solution
Any Android device operating with the Android 4.4 or later operating system supports the Android printing solution. These devices include all Nexus devices with Android 4.4 installed (for example the Nexus 4, 5, 7 and 10).
Printing with the Android print solution
Follow these steps to print from a supported Android device using the Android print solution.
- From a supported app (such as Gmail), find the Print option from the app's menu, and then tap Print.
- Find the option to select your printer. The Android device displays a list of printers that are available on the Wi-Fi network.
- Find your printer on the list, and then tap to select it.
- Make any changes to the available printing options, if desired.
- Tap Print to send the print job to the printer.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions about the Android print solution.
With Android 4.4 or later devices, printing support is built into the operating system. You can find and print to HP printers that are on a wireless network by downloading the HP Print Service plugin app from the Google Play store. You do not need to download and install printer specific drivers. On many Android 4.4 or later devices, such as the Nexus 5, the HP Print Service plugin comes pre-installed.
The Android printing solution supports the following file formats:
- Microsoft Office files
You can print from these applications on your Android 4.4 or later device:
- Chrome browser
- Google Drive
- Quick Office
NOTE:More apps will become available over time as app developers take advantage of the Android printing support in Android 4.4 or later.
The list of apps does not include one that I frequently use. Does that mean I cannot print from that application?
Currently, the Android device supports printing only from the applications listed. More apps will become available over time. You can contact your app developer and encourage them to take advantage of the Android printing support in Android 4.4 or later.
These printing options are available:
- Copies: Select the number of copies that you want to print.
- Color mode: Select either the Color or Black & White/Mono option for your print output.
- Orientation: Select Auto, Portrait, or Landscape format.
- Paper size: You can print on Letter, A4, 4x6-inch, 5x7-inch, or 10x5-cm paper.
- Page Range: Select the pages to be printed in a multi-page document.
To cancel the print job, open the print notification area, select the print job, and then tap the Cancel button.
To monitor jobs in the print queue, open the notification area.
My printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) network. Can I still print to it from my Android device?
If your printer is on the same network as the Android device, you can print to the printer.
Yes, you can connect to the Wi-Fi network (access point) at any location, and then use the Android device to print to the local printers. Alternatively, if you are not connected to an access point but are connected to the Internet you can use the Google Cloud Print service to discover and print to any HP ePrinter you have registered with the service.
You can use the Quick Office app to print your Microsoft Office documents.
Can I send print jobs to different printers and get them printed simultaneously from my Android device?