HP Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC support
HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Announced August 26, 2014
This program addresses an issue with specific AC power cords used with AC adapters shipped with HP and Compaq notebook (including mobile thin clients and mobile workstations) and mini notebook computers, as well as with AC adapters provided with accessories such as docking stations.
On August 26, 2014, HP announced a worldwide voluntary recall and replacement program in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies for certain AC power cords used with AC adapters shipped with HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook computers, as well as with AC adapters provided with accessories such as docking stations.
- This HP recall is worldwide.
- HP customers affected by this program will be eligible to receive a replacement AC power cord for each verified, recalled AC power cord at no cost.
- Visit the HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Replacement Program website for additional information.
These AC power cords were shipped with products and accessories sold from September 2010 through June 2012. The AC power cords have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard. Because these power cords pose a fire and burn hazard to customers, it is extremely important that they are validated on the program website. Customers should immediately cease use of the affected AC power cords.
NOTE:Not all HP and Compaq notebook and mini notebook PCs were sold with an affected power cord. Customers should validate the power cord shipped with their notebook PC or purchased with an accessory, or as a spare.
Determine if your power cord is affected
HP is asking that customers take the following action to determine whether this recall program affects your AC power cord by following these steps:
- Disconnect the PC notebook or accessory AC adapter AC power cord from the wall outlet or main power supply.
- Check the AC adapter end of the AC power cord for the marking “LS-15” molded into the connector. If you do not have “LS-15” on the connector, the power cord is not affected.
- Please go to the HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Replacement Program website to see if the notebook AC power cord is affected.
- The notebooks, AC adapters, and AC adapter accessories are not affected. Only the power cords are affected.
- Not all of the AC power cords with the “LS-15” mark are affected.
- The validation process may show that the power cord is not affected by this recall.
Verified, eligible, power cords will be replaced at no cost to the customer.
Order a replacement power cord
Based on the nature of this issue, HP is requesting that you immediately discontinue use of the subject AC power cords by removing it from the wall outlet and ordering a replacement AC Power Cord upon verification from the program Web site.
NOTE:The notebook will function using battery power.
Customers with power cords affected by the recall should order their free replacements through the HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Replacement Program website .
Replacement AC power cord Warranty
The replacement AC power cord has a 90 day warranty from the date the power cord was received.