This unsupported workaround is available to provide basic printing support using drivers built into the operating system.
CAUTION:Do not connect the USB cable from the product to the computer until prompted to do so by the installer.
- Click Start .
- Click Printers and Faxes folder.
- Click File . Then select Add printer .NOTE:This step launches the Add Printer Wizard .
- Click Next .
- Uncheck the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer checkbox.
- Click Next . The Select a Printer Port window displays.
- Click Next . The Install Printer Software window displays.
- Select HP from the Manufacturer list .
- Select hp deskjet 990C model from the Printers list.
- Click Next . The Name Your Printer window displays.
- If the printer name is correct, click Next .
- Click Next . The Printer Sharing window displays.
- Select No when the message Do you want to print a test page displays.
- Click Next . The Completing the Add Printer Wizard displays.
- Click Finish .NOTE:At this point, the driver installation portion of the process is complete.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer and the computer.NOTE:Windows will start to Plug and Play the device.
- Click Cancel for each Found New Hardware Wizard window that is prompted.NOTE:The number of Found New Hardware Wizard windows prompted by Windows will vary depending on the device plugged into the computer.
- In the Printers and Faxes folder, click the hp deskjet 990c printer icon.
- Click File . Then click Properties .
- Select the Ports tab.
- Scroll to USB00x Port and check the checkbox for the port.
- Click Close .