HP Officejet 6000 Wireless Printer - E609n support
Checking Ink Levels for HP Officejet 6000 (E609a) and 6000 (E609n) Wireless Printer Series
This document is for the HP Officejet 6000 (E609a) and 6000 (E609n) Wireless Printer Series.
You can check ink levels to determine how soon you might need to replace a cartridge. The ink level shows an estimate of the amount of ink remaining in the cartridges.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Checking ink levels
Use one of the following methods to check ink levels in the cartridges.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
Method one: Check the ink levels from the computer using the HP Solution Center
- Open HP Solution Center:Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Click Settings ().
- In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer.The colored bars represent the estimated ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.
Method two: Check the ink-level indicators on the Printer Status Report
- Load plain white paper in the input tray.
- On the product control panel, press and hold the Cancel button () for 3 seconds, and then release.The status report prints.
- Examine the ink-level indicators in the Ink Delivery System Information section of the report.The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the left side of the bar represent low ink.
Which cartridges you use might depend on your country/region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
|Region||Black cartridge||Cyan cartridge||Magenta cartridge||Yellow cartridge|
|The Americas||HP 920 Black||HP 920 Cyan||HP 920 Magenta||HP 920 Yellow|
|Europe||HP 920 Black||HP 920XL Cyan||HP 920XL Magenta||HP 920XL Yellow|
|Middle East and Africa||HP 920 Black||HP 920XL Cyan||HP 920XL Magenta||HP 920XL Yellow|
|Asia Pacific||HP 920 Black||HP 920XL Cyan||HP 920XL Magenta||HP 920XL Yellow|
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum