HP Officejet 6000 Wireless Printer - E609n support
Checking Ink Levels
You can check ink levels to determine how soon you might need to replace a cartridge. The ink level shows an estimate of the amount of ink remaining in the cartridges.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Checking ink levels
Use one of the following methods to check ink levels in the cartridges.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
Method one: Check the ink levels from the computer using the HP Solution Center
- Open HP Solution Center:Click Start , click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Click Settings ( ).
- In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
- Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer.The colored bars represent the estimated ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.
Method two: Check the ink-level indicators on the Printer Status Report
- Load plain white paper in the input tray.
- On the product control panel, press and hold the Cancel button ( ) for 3 seconds, and then release.The status report prints.
- Examine the ink-level indicators in the Ink Delivery System Information section of the report.The colored bars represent the ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the left side of the bar represent low ink.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum