HP Photosmart 7150 Printer support
How to Load Paper
- Load the paper print side up.
- Load the paper in the portrait direction (long edge of the paper against the long edge of the IN tray).
- Load no more than 20 sheets into the IN tray.
- Load one kind and size at a time (do not mix paper types and sizes in the IN tray).
- Load preprinted paper (such as letterhead) print side up.
- If unsure of the correct orientation, print a test page on plain paper first.
Supported Paper sizes
The HP Photosmart Photo printers support letter size (8.5 x 11 inches, U.S.), (210 x 297 mm), 4 x 6-inch card, or 5.5 x 8.5 card. For the best-quality prints, use HP Photosmart papers, available in the following sizes:
- 5 x 11 inches
- Regular (in several finishes)
- Scored (folds to 8.5 by 5.5 inches)
- Photo calendar kit
- 4 x 6 inches
- Additional .5 inch tear-off tab
- 5 x 8.5 inches
- Scored (folds to 5.5 x 4.25 inches)
- A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Regular (in several finishes)
- Scored (folds to 210 x 148 mm)
- Photo calendar kit
- 100 x 148 mm
- Additional 17.1 mm tear-off tab
- 148 x 210 mm
- Scored (folds to 105 x148 mm)
Manually feeding paper
Use manual feed to print one sheet of paper at a time or to print the second side of a double-sided page. To manually feed paper:
- Pull out the OUT tray.
- Open the manual feed door.
- Place a sheet of paper into the manual feed slot, sliding it under the paper guide flaps.
- Adjust the purple paper guide to fit close to the edge of the paper, without bending the paper.
- Push the paper into the manual feed slot until you feel the rollers grab the paper.
- Depending on the paper size, the paper may need to go in partially or all the way before the rollers grab it.
- Use the right side of the manual feed slot to guide the paper as you feed it into the printer.
- The printer will feed the paper all the way in before it begins printing.
- When you print, leave the OUT tray in the out (open) position to catch the printed paper.NOTE: The print settings in Windows or your software application may also need to be changed for manual feed.
Loading the auto sheet feeder
Load a stack of paper into the IN tray if you plan to print multiple photographs or pages. The IN tray holds up to 20 sheets of paper, depending on the type of paper that you are using.
To load a stack of paper:
- Remove the IN tray from the printer.
- Place a stack of paper into the IN tray.
- The longer side of the paper touches the right edge of the IN tray, and the shorter side touches the outer edge of the IN tray (the edge with the handle).
- Be careful not to put too much paper in the printer (no more than 20 sheets of HP Photosmart Photographic paper).
- Adjust the paper guides to fit close to the edges of the paper, without bending the paper.
- Place the IN tray back into the printer and push it all the way back so that the handle rests in its designated spot.
- When you print, leave the OUT tray in the out (open) position to catch the paper.NOTE: The print settings in Windows or your software application may also need to be changed to match your paper size and type.
Printing on greeting cards
The procedure is the same for side-fold greeting cards and for double-sided landscape printing. The photos and text on all four card panels have the same orientation with respect to each other.
- Print the outside (glossy) side of the card first. The HP logo is in the upper-left corner.
- Make certain that the photo is completely dry; then, turn the card over along the short side.
- Place the card into the manual feed slot, blank side up.
The inside of the card prints with the top to the right.
Printing on calendar media
The procedure is the same for calendar media as for double-sided landscape printing.
- Print image (glossy side) side of the page first. The HP logo should be on the underside of the page.
- Make certain that the photo is completely dry and then turn the page over along the short side.
- Place the page into the manual feed slot, blank side up.
The other side of the page prints with the top to the right.
Printing on HP transparencies
The photo printer can print on HP transparency film, allowing you to print photos for presentations. When using HP transparency film:
- Insert the HP transparency with the white strip facing down.
- Insert the end of the page not having the white strip.
Explanation of straight-through path
A straight paper path is required to ensure the fine tolerances necessary to produce HP Photosmart’s professional photographic quality. Unlike other plain paper Inkjet printers using a curved paper path, the HP Photosmart Photo printer is able to print true photographs by adhering to strict tolerances--and by printing on photographic paper much thicker than plain paper. A straight paper path is needed to print this thicker paper.
Media size detection
Sensors are used to determine the presence of media fed. If the image data that is being printed is formatted for a different media size, then a message will appear in the HP Photosmart Photo Printer toolbox. You will then have the option of cancelling the print job (so the correct media may be loaded) or continuing on the current media (the printer will clip the image, if necessary).
The paper types are not machine-detectable and must be entered by the user selections in the driver.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Get answers on HP’s peer to peer support forum