HP Officejet 5510 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Inkjet Print Cartridges
Checking the ink levels
A message will appear on the front panel display when the ink level for the print cartridge is low. The ink levels can also be checked through the HP Director on the computer.
Checking the ink levels on a Windows computer
- From the HP Director, click Settings, click Print Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox.
- Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab.The estimated ink levels appear for the print cartridges.
Checking the ink levels on a Macintosh computer
- From the HP Director, click Settings, click Maintain Printer.
- If the Select Printer dialog box opens, select the HP Officejet, and then click Utilities.
- From the list, select Ink Level.The estimated ink levels appear for the print cartridges.
Replacing the print cartridges
- Turn on the HP Officejet, and lift open the print-carriage access door.
- Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging and gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper contacts or ink nozzles. Install the cartridge immediately upon removing the tape to prevent ink from drying in the nozzles.Figure 3: Removing the plastic tape
- Close the print-carriage access door.
Aligning the print cartridges
The HP Officejet will prompt you to align the print cartridges every time you install a new print cartridge to assure high-quality output.
- When the message displays, press OK.The HP Officejet will print an alignment page.
- Place the alignment page face down on the left front corner of the glass with the top of the page facing the left side.
- Press OK.The HP Officejet will align the print cartridges and display Alignment Complete.