HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g support
Checking Ink Levels for HP Officejet 4500 (G510) and 4500 (K710a) All-in-One Printer Series
This document is for the HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer Series.
This document contains steps for checking ink levels.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Check the ink levels
Follow these steps to check the estimated ink levels from the HP Printer Toolbox in HP Solution Center.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge from another printer, the ink level indicators might be inaccurate or unavailable.
- Open HP Solution Center:
HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows 7: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click the HP Folder, and then click HP Solution Center.
- In HP Solution Center, click Settings ().
- In the Print Settings section, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens in a new window.
NOTE:A cartridge might be out of ink even if the graphic shows that ink remains in the cartridge. Lines or streaks always appear in printouts when cartridges begin to run out of ink. Replace cartridges that are out of ink or low on ink.
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
|Country/Region||Black cartridge||Tri-color cartridge|
|Latin America||HP 675 Black||HP 675 Tri-color|
|Vietnam||HP 675 Black||HP 675 Tri-color|
|HP 703 Tri-color|
|Philippines||HP 703 Black|