This document pertains to HP and Compaq Desktop computers that come with ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD video editing software.
The information contained in this document is a general overview of how to use ShowBiz video editing and DVD authoring software. The sections below provide the steps you need to create your own Digital Video Discs (DVDs) and Video Compact Discs (VCDs).
Full instructions and contextual help are also available by pressing F1 while ShowBiz is open.
Creating a quick DVD
If you want to record video to a DVD (without editing), use the Quick DVD feature. This feature allows you to copy video directly to a writable disc as it plays. Use steps below to record video using the Quick DVD feature:
- Insert a blank disc into the drive.
- Open Arcsoft ShowBiz, and select Create a "Quick DVD" .If a supported capture device is detected, the Quick DVD capture screen appears.NOTE:If a message appears stating that no supported video capture device was found, the video capture device is not supported by ShowBiz DVD. You can still create a video disc, but the video must be captured using different software.
- Select how often to create chapter points, menu styling and options for the video capture device.
- Play the video that you want to record from the source (VCR, camcorder, digital video camera).
- Click the Start record button.
- Click the Stop button when you reach the stopping point.Showbiz DVD automatically writes the video to the DVD. To reduce the chances for errors, do not use the computer while the DVD is being created.
Use the following steps to edit video files:
- Insert a blank disc into the drive.
- Open Arcsoft ShowBiz and select Edit or Capture Video .
- From the Media tab, select < New Album > .
- Click the Add button (the icon that looks like a red book), and browse to the video file.
- Select the file you want, and click Open .An Automatic Scene Detection screen appears. Automatic Scene Detection breaks the video up into different scenes for editing purposes (removing, adding, and rearranging scenes).
- Select the scene detection options you want. If you do not want your video to use scene detect, remove the checkmark from Automatic Scene Detection .
- Click OK to add the video file to the album.
- Double-click the video file to add the video to the Storyboard layout.
- Once all video files are added, you can edit the video or video segments by using the special features of Arcsoft ShowBiz. You can trim video, add audio tracks and text, add special transition effects, and more. To learn more about these features and how to use them, press F1 .
- Once you are satisfied with the video you can save it to the hard drive with the Make Movie button.
Creating a DVD or VCD
Use the steps below to create a DVD or VCD from a selection of video files:
- Insert a blank disc into the drive. Use a DVD+R or DVD+RW disc to create a DVD video, use a CD-R or CD-RW disc to create a VCD.
- From the Arcsoft ShowBiz DVD menu, click Create DVD or Create VCD .
- Click Create New Project .The ShowBiz DVD Design screen appears.
- Double-click the theme that you want to use from the layout portion of the screen.
- After the desired theme is applied, click Add Media .
- Select < New Album > from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add icon (an icon of a folder with an arrow coming out of it) to add video files to the album.
- Once video files are added to the album, double-click them to add them to the layout.
- When you are done adding video files to the layout, click Author .
- At this time you can trim the video or add chapter points. To learn more about these features and how to use them, press F1 .
- Click Produce and then click Start .
- Type a file name for the DVD project and click Save .
- Click OK to create the VCD or DVD.To reduce the chances for errors, do not use the computer while the DVD is being created.