HP Officejet Pro K550 Printer ondersteuning
Setup the Hardware
This document applies to the HP Officejet Pro K550, K550dtn, K550dtwn, and K550xi dtn.
This document explains the how to set up the product hardware. This document does not explain how to install the software, create a network connection, or operate the product.
Setup the hardware
Follow the steps below to set up the hardware.
Step one: Check the contents of the box
The contents may vary by country/region. Refer to the packaging for the actual contents.
Step two: Remove the packing tape and materials
- Move the printer to the prepared location. The surface must be sturdy, level, and located in a well-ventilated area. Allow space around the printer, including 50 mm (2 inches) for ventilation.
- Remove all packing tape from the printer.
- Open the top cover and remove the foam or packing material from the inside of the printer.
Step three: Install tray 2 (HP Officejet Pro K550dtn and K550dtwn)
Tray 2 is an accessory tray that holds up to 350 sheets of plain paper. Tray 2 comes with the HP Officejet Pro K550dtn and K550dtwn printers, and is an optional accessory for the HP Officejet Pro K550.
Step four: Install the duplex unit (HP Officejet Pro K550dtn and HP Officejet Pro K550dtwn)
The optional automatic two-sided printing accessory (duplex unit) allows you to print on both sides of a sheet of paper automatically. The duplex unit comes with the HP Officejet Pro K550dtn and K550dtwn printers, and is an optional accessory for the HP Officejet Pro K550 and K550dtn.
- On the back of the printer, if the rear access panel is installed, push the button on either side of the panel and remove the panel from the printer.
- Slide the duplex unit into the printer until the unit locks into place. Do not press the buttons on either side of the duplex unit when installing the unit; use them only for removing the unit from the printer.
Step five: Install the ink cartridges
- Release the ink cartridge cover to open the cover.
- Remove each ink cartridge from its package.
- Align each ink cartridge with its color-coded slot and then insert the ink cartridge into the slot. To ensure proper contact, press down firmly on the cartridges until they snap into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
Step six: Install the printheads
- Open the top cover.
- Lift the printhead latch.
- Rapidly shake the printhead package five or six times before opening it.
- Remove the new printhead from the package and then remove the protective caps.
- Insert the printhead into its color-coded slot. Press down firmly on the printhead to ensure proper contact.
- Pull the printhead latch all the way forward and then press down to ensure that the latch is properly engaged. You might have to apply some pressure to engage the latch.
- Close the top cover.
Step seven: Load paper in the trays
- Pull the tray out of the printer by grasping under the front of the tray.OPMERKING:If the media is longer than 11 inches (279 mm), lift the front cover of the tray and lower the front of the tray.
- Insert the media print-side down along the right of the tray. Make sure the stack of media aligns with the right and back edges of the tray and does not exceed the line marking in the tray.
- Slide the paper guides in the tray to adjust them for the size that has been loaded.
- Gently reinsert the tray into the printer.
- Pull out the extension on the output tray.
Step eight: Connect the power cord and turn on the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to an alternating current (AC) power outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds. If the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button to turn the printer on.
Step nine: Align the print cartridges
To ensure the best possible print quality, the printer initializes and aligns the printheads. At the beginning of the process, the Power light blinks and the printer prints a status page. At the end of the process, the printer prints the alignment pages (colored pages).
This process takes approximately 8 minutes.
If the alignment process does not print pages, complete the following steps.
- Check the following on the printer:
- The power cord is firmly connected.
- The printheads and ink cartridges are properly installed.
- The rear-access panel (HP Officejet Pro K550) or the duplex unit (HP Officejet Pro K550dtn/K550dtwn) is installed.
- Turn off the printer and then turn it on again. The alignment pages should print.
Meer voor dit product
Vind oplossingen en werk samen met anderen op het HP supportforum