This package provides the drivers for the Realtek AC97 High Defintion (HD) Audio in the listed desktop models and operating systems.
NOTE - Users creating their own disk images must first install the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) driver before installing the Realtek driver. The Microsoft UAA driver provides the necessary support for the HD audio bus used by the Realtek HD audio CODEC. Users who are upgrading to this newer driver on an existing system, should ensure that the Microsoft UAA driver is already installed on the system. The Microsoft UAA driver may be listed on the system as the "High Definition Audio Driver Package."
There are separate Microsoft UAA drivers for different versions of the operating system. For example, Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Operating Systems each have a different UAA driver. The Microsoft UAA drivers are available from Microsoft, or are also available as HP SoftPaqs, as follows:
- SoftPaq Number SP30739 (or later), "Microsoft Windows XP SP1 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111)," contains the UAA driver for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- SoftPaq Number SP30301 (or later), "Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111)," contains the UAA driver for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2).
188.8.131.5283 Rev. C
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Adds support for the Realtek LAC861Vd Realtek Audio Codec.
Use these directions to guide you through the self-install process
- Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
- Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.