HP System Health Application and Command line Utilities for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)
- How to install
- Added support for Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3).
- Added 'SHOW SEL' option in hpasmcli to display the System Event Log (SEL) contents on HP ProLiant 100 series servers.
- Updated libcpqci.so, which take advantage of upstream changes to hpilo, to provide better performance to applications, such as SNMP agents like cmasm2d from hp-snmp-agents.
Optional - Users should update to this version if their system is affected by one of the documented fixes or if there is a desire to utilize any of the enhanced functionality provided by this version.
- The Intel processor hyperthreading configuration can be enabled and disabled using hpasmcli on HP ProLiant G6 servers.
- Fix POSIX-compliancy issue with initscript.
- Avoid sending a SIGKILL to the health daemon, preventing ASRs that may occur on platforms (e.g. DL785) where hp-health shutdowns may take an extended amount of time.
To get the list of all dependency files for hp-health, type:
rpm –qp –requires hp-health-< version >.rpm
To ensure the integrity of your download, HP recommends verifying your results with this MD5 Checksum value:
Reboot is not required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.
Login as the system administrator (root), download the RPM to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory.
To install the package type:
rpm -ivh hp-health-<version>.rpm
To check whether the package is loaded properly type:
Additional help is available by typing: