Firmware Maintenance CD
- How to install
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 W32
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (AMD64/EM64T)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (x86-64)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for 64-bit Extended Systems
Solaris 10 for x86 Systems
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (AMD64/EM64T)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (x86)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (AMD64/EM64T)
Novell NetWare 6.5
SCO UnixWare 7
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (x86)
Sun Solaris 9 Intel Platform Edition
SCO Open UNIX 8
Microsoft Windows 2000
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (AMD64/EM64T)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Small Business
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Essential Business
Optional - Users should update to this version if their system is affected by one of the documented fixes or if there is a desire to utilize any of the enhanced functionality provided by this version.
New Firmware CD Features
- HP Smart Update Manager updates:
- Source Selection Screen - This new screen enables the user to specify where to get components for updating the targets by using one or more of the following methods:
- Specify a directory:
- This option enables you to select the source directory for the components you want to deploy. It can be located on a locally accessible file system. The default location is the directory from which HP Smart Update Manager is executed.
- Check HP.com:
- This option enables you to get firmware and software components located on the HP ftp site. The ftp site contains the latest versions of the firmware and software components available from HP. The applicable components (denoted with an HP.com icon) are available for selection on the Select Items to be Installed screen.
- When using this method, both firmware and software components are available for selection, depending on the options set on the Set Bundle filter screen.
- The components are not downloaded for the HP ftp site to a target until you select the Install button, unless the component is needed to discover supported devices. If components are needed for discovery, you are prompted to allow this action.
- Include components previously downloaded from HP.com:
- This option includes the components that have been previously downloaded from the HP ftp site as available for selection on the Select Items to be installed screen.
- The default location for the previously downloaded components is the %TEMP%\hp_sum\RespositoryManager\Repxx\<component_number> directory.
- HPSUM enhanced logging
- A new log file that contains detailed information on the execution of HP Smart Update Manager. The filename is: C:\cpqsystem\hp\log\hpsum_execution_log_<date>_<time>.log.
- Support for firmware smart components for the following options:
- HP Smart Array P212 Controller*
- HP Smart Array P410 Controller*
- HP Smart Array P411 Controller*
*Support includes flashing firmware on the hard drive managed by this controller.
- New Operating system support:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 (x86 and AMD64/EM64T)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (x86 and AMD64/EM64T)
- Microsoft® Window® 2008 SP2
- Microsoft® Window® 2008 Foundation
- Added firmware to the CD for the following supported options:
- Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP ProLiant BL460c G5 (I23) Servers
- Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - HP ProLiant BL460 G5 (I23) Servers
- Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP ProLiant DL385 G5p (A22) Servers
- Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - HP ProLiant DL385 G5p (A22) Servers
- Firmware CD Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - DG072BABCE and DF146BABCF drives.
- Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - DG072BABCE and DG146BABCF drives
- Firmware CD Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - Smart Array P212, P410 and P411
- Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P212, P410 and P411
- Removed from the Firmware Maintenance CD:
- Firmware Maintenance CD version 8.40 was the last release that contained SUSE Linux Enterprise 9 (x86 and AMD64/EM64T) support for "Online". SUSE Linux Enterprise 9 (x86 and AMD64/EM64T) will only be supported now when running in the "Offline" mode.
- Updated firmware for the following ProLiant Servers & supported options:
- System ROM's for HP ProLiant ML / DL / BL servers
- Storage Array Controllers
- Storage Disks (hard drives)
- Lights Out Management (iLO2 firmware)
- Network (NIC firmware)
- HP BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator
- HP tape drives
- SAS and SATA hard drives
To ensure the integrity of your download, HP recommends verifying your results with this MD5 Checksum value:
Reboot is not required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.
For Available Support Documentation:
- What's New, please visit: Firmware Maintenance CD What's New for v8.50
- Release Notes, please visit Firmware Maintenance CD Release Notes for v8.50
- Supported Server Guide, please visit Firmware Maintenance CD Server Support Guide
- Firmware Maintenance CD Users Guide, please visit Firmware Maintenance CD Users Guide v8.50
- On-Line ROM Flash Users Guide, please visit On-Line ROM Flash Users Guide
- Detailed listing of the ISO contents, please visit Firmware Maintenance CD 8.50 Contents
Contents of this ZIP file:
- CD ISO image
Making a physical CD from an ISO image file
Download the file to a temporary directory and extract the ISO image to that directory.
In order to create a CD from this ISO image, you must use a software utility capable of writing an ISO file to a recordable media such as CD-R.
- Note: Simply copying the ISO file to a CD-R will NOT result in a usable CD. HP recommends you run MD5 Checksum on the Zip file and/or ISO image prior to burning the CD. HP also recommends that you turn the verify feature "ON".
For reference purposes, please label your resulting CD as follows:
- Firmware Maintenance CD Release 8.50
Copying the ISO Image file to the HP USB Key Utility For Windows
The HP USB Key Utility is a Windows application that will allow the user to copy the Firmware Maintenance CD contents to a USB memory key. Users may then run the Firmware Maintenance applications from a USB key instead of from the CD. To download the HP USB Key Utility for windows, go to: www.hp.com/go/foundation.