hp deskjet 5800 series full feature software/driver
1. For XP users – installation and printing may fail if the default XP firewall is on.
2. Installation fails if a 2-byte character for the customer name is entered.
Temporarily disable software firewall before installing the printer
If your computer has a software firewall enabled, you must temporarily disable the firewall in order to install the printer on a wired or wireless network. If you do not disable the firewall, the computer will not discover the printer on the network, and the installation will fail. Connecting to the printer with a USB cable does not require disabling firewalls.
For maximum virus protection while the firewall is disabled, disconnect your router from the Internet. Once the printer is installed, you can reconnect your router to the Internet.
If a firewall is enabled on a networked computer the following two issues can occur:
- During the software installation, the HP Deskjet 5850 network installer fails to locate the printer on the network. The error message, "Setup was unable to detect any printers on the network" appears. To prevent this issue from occurring, you need to temporarily disable your firewall before you install the HP Deskjet 5850 printer software.
- After the software installation, if the IP address of the HP Deskjet 5850 changes, the computer loses communication with the printer, and the printer stops printing. In home environments, the printer IP address might change if your computer and network router are turned off for an extended period of time. To prevent the printer IP address from changing, you can configure the HP Deskjet 5850 with a static IP address. For information about how to configure the printer with a static IP address, go to www.hp.com/support and browse to the HP Deskjet 5850 page.
Whenever the firewall is disabled, HP strongly recommends that the following items be installed on your computer:
- A hardware device that provides firewall protection between the Internet and your computer, such as a gateway
- An up-to-date antivirus software program
1. After installing the printer software, re-enable the firewall(s).
2. Consult the documentation that came with the firewall for help in disabling the firewall. Some firewalls may require further configuration after printer installation in order for the printer to be made available on the network.
Printer driver installation
Install the driver by following the instructions below:
- Make sure to close all virus protection programs that are running on the computer .
- Create a directory on your hard drive c:\dj5800
- Download the dj5800 printer driver to the c:\dj5800 directory .
- Open the c:\dj5800 folder and double-click on the downloaded "exe" file. Once the files are loaded you will see the Welcome to the hp deskjet 5800 series Setup Wizard screen . If you see this screen proceed with step 7. If this screen does not display, continue with the next steps 4-5 to manually open the screen.
- Double-click the c:\dj5800 folder to open it.
- Double-click setup.exe.
- Follow the directions on your screen .
- Close all virus protection programs that are running on the computer.
- Uninstall the printer software:
- Insert the HP printer software CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Click Start, then click Run. The Run dialog box will appear. .
- Click Browse. .
- Select SETUP.EXE on the CD-ROM drive, and click Open. .
- The SETUP.EXE file will appear in the Run dialog box. Click OK. .
- Click Remove printer software, and follow the instructions on the screen. .
If, when reinstalling, problems with the installation continue, call an authorized HP dealer or an HP Customer Care representative.