deskjet 825C printer software/driver: home users for USB
Caution: The printer's cable (USB) must be unplugged before proceeding.
- Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj825 before downloading the printer driver.
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj825 folder.
- Open the c:\dj825 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file.
- Dialog boxes indicating "Loading Files" and "Please Wait" will appear indicating files are being copied. Wait until the files are finished copying.
- Click "Install Printer Software"
Note: If this screen is not present, check the taskbar for a minimized screen named "825c". Click on this item to activate this screen.
- Follow the instructions on the installer screen.
Note: If the installer is unable to locate your printer, click on the "Locate Printer" button when prompted.
After the printer has finished installing the "hp deskjet 825c series" printer will appear in the "Printers and Faxes" Window.
Note: There may be two printers installed, "hp deskjet 825c series", and "hp deskjet 825c series(2)". These drivers are identical. The printer WITHOUT the Check Mark next to it can be deleted from Printers and Faxes at:
- Click on the Start Menu
- Click "Printers and Faxes"
- The "hp deskjet 825c series" printer should have a check next to it indicating it is the default printer.
- The printer WITHOUT a check mark next to it, "hp deskjet 825c series(2)", can be deleted by right clicking on it and selecting "Delete"