HP Deskjet Basic Software and Driver
- How to install
HP Deskjet 5700 series printer software/driver for Windows 2K and XP - Driver Version 10.4.0.0
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows 2000
Caution!   The printer's USB cable must be unplugged before proceeding!
Do not plug USB cable in until instructed to do so by the installation software!
- Create a new folder on the hard drive before downloading the printer driver.
- Suggestion: "c:\dj5700"
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj5700 folder.
- Open the c:\dj5700 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file to extract the driver files.
- Note: The driver file extraction process will create a series of folders under the c:\dj5700 folder that you downloaded the driver file into. Under the "C:\dj5700\5700" folder, a three letter language folder will be displayed which corresponds with the driver language that you downloaded. For example, the English driver (5700_enu_win2k_xpinfu.exe) contains a folder named "enu". This folder was created during the extraction process after double-clicking on the downloaded "exe" file.
- Connect the USB cable from the PC to the printer.
- A Hardware Wizard screen appears, click "Cancel".
- Note: If the Hardware wizard does not appear, continue to the next step.
- From Windows 2000, click "Start", "Settings", "Printers". From Windows XP, click "Start", "Printers and Faxes".
- Next, double-click "Add Printer".
- When the Add Printer Wizard screen appears, click "Next".
- Choose "Local Printer", uncheck "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer", and click "Next".
- Select "USB" Port and click "Next".
- In the next window, click the "Have Disk" button.
- Note: For the next step, the three letters in the filename (such as "enu" in the following example) will correspond to the language code of the downloaded driver as explained in step 3.
- Click "Browse" and go to the folder "c:\dj5700\5700\enu\drivers\Win2k_xp". A file, with a filename similar to "hpf5700k.inf", will be displayed. Select the file name and click "Open".
- Click "OK" to continue. "hp deskjet 5700 series" will now be found in the Printers column. Click "Next".
- Note: If another 5700 Series driver is already installed on this PC, you will be shown a window asking you to decide if you want to keep or replace the existing driver. Make your selection and click "Next"
- Click "Next" to accept the default printer name (suggested), or rename the printer and click "Next".
- Select "Yes" or "No" to print a test page and click "Next".
- To complete the installation process, click "Finish". The printer driver files will now be installed and the hp deskjet 5700 series icon will be added to the "Printers" folder.