HP deskjet 845C printer software/driver: corporate users for USB and parallel cable
Please note that with this driver version:
- Status messaging and bi-directional communication is not available.
- Ink level indication on the PC is not available.
- HP Print Previewer is not available.
- Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj845 before downloading the printer driver.
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj845 folder.
- Open the c:\dj845 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file.
- Under c:\dj845 folder a folder such as, "2kxpinf" will be displayed. This folder was created by double-clicking on the downloaded "exe" file.
- Power on your printer, and connect your printer to the computer with a USB cable. Note: You may see dialog boxes next to your task bar indicating "Found New Hardware" . This dialog is indicating that the "Basic" print driver included in the Windows XP operating system is being installed. Ignore these dialog boxes and continue.
- Click "Start" , then "Printers and Faxes" Note: You may see the "hp deskjet 845c" in this window. This is the "Basic" print driver included in the Windows XP operating system. Continuing on with these instructions will install the "Enhanced" HP Print Driver.
- Click "Add a Printer" under printer tasks
- Click "Next". Ignore the message about "Plug and Play"
- Uncheck the box next to "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer".
- Click "Next"
- Next to "Use the following port:" Select the USB Port in the dropdown menu. This is usually "USB001"
- Click "Have Disk"
- Click "Browse" and go to the folder, "c:\dj845\2kxpinf\enu\drivers\win2k_xp". A file named "Hpf845k.inf" will be displayed. Select the file name and Click "Open".
- Click "OK" to continue.
- Click "Next"
- If you would like to use this printer as your default printer, verify "Yes" is selected and Click "Next".
- Select "Yes" or "No" to print a test page and Click "Next". Note: If you choose to print a test page, it will print after the printer has finished installing.
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process. The "hp deskjet 845c series" printer will be added to the "Printers and Faxes" Window. Note: There may be another printer driver labeled "hp deskjet 845c" present in the "Printers and Faxes" window. This is the "Basic" print driver included in the Windows XP operating system. It is typically installed automatically.