deskjet 948C printer software/driver: home users for USB or parallel cable
- How to install
HP DeskJet 948 Series Printer Driver - HOME USERS - FOR USB OR PARALLEL CABLE. A parallel cable on Windows 95/98. A USB or parallel cable on Windows 98. Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding!
Microsoft Windows 95
Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding!
- Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj948 before downloading the printer driver.
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj948 folder.
- Open the c:\dj948 folder and double-click on the downloaded "exe" file. Once the files are loaded and the "hp deskjet 948c" screen displays, proceed to Step 6. If this screen does not display, continue with the next step to manually open the screen.
- Double-click on the c:\dj948\Win9X_ME folder to open the 3 letter language folder. For example, the English driver will display an "enu" folder.
- Double-click on the "setup.exe" file to start the installation program.
- Click the "Install hp deskjet 948c series printer software" icon button. Files will now be loaded.
Follow the instructions on the installer screens to complete the installation.