Deskjet 990C printer software/driver: Corporate Users for USB or parallel cable
Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding!
Please note: This driver has no "Program Group" functionality.
- Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj990 before downloading the printer driver.
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj990 folder.
- Open the c:\dj990 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file.
- Under c:\dj990\2kxpinf folder a 3 letter language folder will be displayed. For example, the English driver will display a folder named "enu". This folder was created by double-clicking on the downloaded "exe" file.
- For Parallel cable users only, connect the parallel cable from the PC to the printer. To continue, go to step 8 below.
- For USB users, Plug the USB cable into the printer and PC.
- A Hardware Wizard screen appears, click "Cancel".
- From Windows, click "Start", "Settings", "Printers".
- Next, double-click "Add Printer".
- When the Add Printer Wizard screen appears, click "Next".
- Choose "Local Printer", uncheck "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer", and click "Next".
- For USB users select "USB" and click "Next". For Parallel cable users select "LPT1" and click "Next".
- To continue, click the "Have Disk" button.
- Next, click "Browse" and go to the folder "c:\dj990\2kxpinf\enu\drivers\Win2k_xp". An "hpf990k.inf" file will be displayed. Select the file name and click "Open".
- Click "OK" to continue. "hp deskjet 990c series" will now be found in the Printers column. Now, click the "Next" button.
- If another printer driver is installed on the PC, select "Yes" or "No" to use this printer as the default printer and click "Next".
- Choose "Do not share this printer" and click "Next".
- Select "Yes" or "No" to print a test page and click "Next".
To complete the installation process, click "Finish". The hp deskjet 990c series printer driver will be added to the "Printers" window.