HP color LaserJet 2550 PCL6 driver
- Incorporated JPEG compression to reduce spool file size.
- Resolves spoolsv.exe crash when printing some PowerPoint documents.
- Control Panel simulator in the Services tab is now functional.
This section will help you in the download of the software to your computer and start you on the install process.
Before proceeding with the software installation, the printer must first be properly set up, and your computer must be ready to print.
- Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
- Click on Download Now and a File Download box will appear.
- Select Save This Program to Disk and a Save As box will appear.
- Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed.
- Double click on the file. This will extract all the driver files into a directory on your hard drive. The directory these files are extracted to will have a similar name to the file that was downloaded (i.e., c:\clj2550pcl6). However, you can change the path and directory name at the time of extracting the file.
- From the Windows XP desktop, click Start, and then Printers and Faxes (for Windows 2000, click Start, Settings and then Printers).
- Right click on the hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL6 icon or listing, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Make certain the Driver box displays hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL6, and then click New Driver.
- In the Add Printer Driver Wizard window, click Have Disk, and then Browse.
- Browse to the directory that the downloaded files where unzipped to.
- The Look in box will display clj2550pcl6win2kxp2003-xx (xx represents language, such as en for English). Do not open any folders in this directory. The autorun.ini file should be in the File name box. Click Open.
- On the Install From Disk window, click OK. The print driver name, hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL6, should be displayed. Click Next to continue.
- When the update is finished, click OK to close the hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL6 Properties window. The update is now complete.
NOTE: The default directory would be C:\clj2550pcl6 (xx represents language, such as en for English)
- Attach a USB or parallel cable to the printer and the computer.
- The "Found New Hardware Wizard" should appear. Note: If attaching via a parallel cable it may be necessary to restart the computer for the "Found New Hardware Wizard" to appear.
- Choose "Install from a list or specific location (advanced)" and then click Next.
- Select only the box next to "Include this location in the search" (clear all other check boxes) then click the browse button to locate the directory where the driver was extracted to in the steps above. The directory these files are extracted to will have a similar name to the file that was downloaded (i.e., c:\clj2550pcl6).
- Click once on the directory name to highlight it then choose OK. The directory path then appears in the dialog.
- Select the Next button. Files will be copied to the appropriate directories automatically.
- Click the Finish button within the "New Hardware Wizard"
- After several moments and message will appear on the system tray (at the bottom right of the screen near the clock)
indicating that "Your new hardware has been installed and is ready to use.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- Choose "Search for a suitable driver form my device (recommended)" and then click Next.
- Select only the box next to "Specify a location" (clear all other check boxes) and click Next.
- Click the browse button to locate the directory where the driver was extracted to in the steps above. The directory these files are extracted to will have a similar name to the file that was downloaded (i.e., c:\clj2550pcl6).
- Click once on the directory name to highlight it and then select the Open button.
- Autorun.inf should appear in the "file name" box. Click the Open button.
- Select OK. The wizard will find the driver for the device.
- Click the Next button.
- Click Finish. Several dialogs will appear and then disappear.
- The printer driver is now installed.
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000